The 76ers selected guard Markelle Fultz on Thursday night with the No. 1 pick and the Lakers followed by taking Lonzo Ball, the start of a record-setting run of one-and-dones in the NBA draft.
The point guards from the Pac-12 Conference began a run of seven straight freshmen. Nine of the first 10 selections played just one season of college ball.
Fultz averaged 23.2 points last season, tops among freshmen, and added 5.9 assists and 5.7 rebounds per game, the only Division I player to reach those stats.
The Celtics took Duke's Jayson Tatum at No. 3 after moving down two spots in the trade with Philadelphia.
NBA Draft 2017: Top 10
- Markelle Fultz (Washington) --> To Sixers
- Lonzo Ball (UCLA) --> To Lakers
- Jayson Tatum (Duke) --> To Celtics
- Josh Jackson (Kansas) --> To Suns
- De'Aaron Fox (Kentucky) --> To Kings
- Jonathan Isaac (Florida State) --> To Magic
- Lauri Markannen (Arizona) --> To Bulls (via Timberwolves)
- Frank Ntilikina (France) --> To Knicks
- Dennis Smith Jr. (North Carolina) --> To Mavericks
- Zach Collins (Gonzaga) --> To Trail Blazers (via Kings)
Full 2017 NBA Draft picks list